Outcomes of workshop three for the Big Swamp and Boundary Creek remediation plan
On August 22, Barwon Water hosted the third workshop with the Boundary Creek and Big Swamp remediation working group.
The purpose of the meeting was for the working group to identify success measures to direct scoping of a field program by the nominated experts and technical consultant.
Success measures have been grouped into:
- No further downstream impacts to the Barwon River
- That landholders can access good quality and quantity of water for stock
- That Big Swamp is a valuable environmental asset
The working group welcomed the wealth of knowledge and experience the experts brought in helping inform the discussion about success measures.
The group acknowledged that remediation of Boundary Creek and Big Swamp is challenging and complex and welcomed the approach taken to develop the remediation plan.
The next steps for the project include:
- field program development and implementation
- the nominated experts to reassess the remediation options in light of the results of the field program
- consult the remediation group about success targets and preferred remediation option.
The working group reconfirmed their commitment to the process and will meet again later this year to hear about the field program.