2018 - 2023 Price Submission
The Essential Services Commission — the independent economic regulator of the water industry — has approved Barwon Water’s prices for the next five years, ensuring a reliable, secure and affordable water future for our region. The new prices and outcomes were shaped by an extensive 18-month community engagement program.
The commission rated our submission as ‘advanced’, noting that it will deliver better value for customers.
- no bill increases in 2018/19
- affordable, equitable pricing structure giving customers greater control over their bills
- $5 million for water efficiency programs and customers in financial hardship
- $15.4 million for renewable energy projects to tackle climate change
- $328.6 million for new and replacement infrastructure.
Customers can review the final determination via the submission via the Essential Services Commission's website.
Further information can also be found on the Barwon Water website.
We would like to thank our customers and community for their participation during the development of our 2018 Price Submission.
Watch this video highlighting the process Barwon Water has followed in setting its new prices and services for the next five years:
Check out our latest Price Submission journey
Read more about how we are delivering the future for 2023-2028